Terra Mia & Wines by gibbston valley
Authentic Italian dining in Arrowtown
Bookings: 64+ (03) 409 8378
Find Gibbston Valley Wines at Terra Mia, a new authentic Italian eatery in Arrowtown.
Recently opened, Terra Mia features authentic Italian dishes prepared with the best local ingredients and created to complement Gibbston Valley's range of premium, award-winning and handcrafted Central Otago wines.
The new restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Evening dining will be added in the coming months.
Hours of operation
- Breakfast (8 a.m. – 11 a.m.): traditional Italian favourites including house-made pastries and biscuits
- Lunch (11 a.m. – 3 p.m. ): a selection of soups, salads, pasta dishes, antipasto platters and focaccia
- Afternoon Dining (3 p.m. – 5 p.m.): selection of platters designed for pairing with Gibbston Valley wine
Family Recipe Favourites:
- Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmigiana), from Campania and Sicilia, thinly sliced eggplant, fried and layered with tomato sauce, mozzarella and parmesan
- Scialatelli, invented on the Amalfi Coast in the late 1960s, pasta made with milk, parmesan, parsley, flour and eggs; a modern addition to Italian cuisine
- Ragú Napoletano, traditional Neapolitan red sauce, rich tomato ragout and large pieces of meat; slow-marinated meat served as a second course, after sauce with pasta
- Torta Caprese: an island of Capri import, flourless chocolate and almond cake